Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Funny People

Last night I felt like drawing some caricatures. Since I'd been procrastinating by watching videos of Stewart and Colbert on Youtube, I figured I'd start with them. Then I was like, oh, I'll draw some comedians. So obviously, Louis CK was next. And then I drew Chris Hardwick, Matt Mira, and Jonah Ray from the Nerdist podcast. You know how when you look at a drawing you did and you can remember what you were listening to when you were drawing it? It'd be hard for me to look at an illustration I've done and not think of Nerdist. So yeah. Then I colored them this morning as a warm up, because my favorite thing is waking up knowing a drawing is waiting to be colored.

It's funny... I really struggled with Jon and Stephen. You can even see how much more confident my lines are in the other drawings. I think it's because I've been watching them for so many years, their faces are basically embedded in my brain, and sometimes it's hard to step back and look at them objectively.


-Anna

1 comment:

  1. LOVE Lewis CK- perfect! You have to do Jim Gaffigan and Demetri Martin and Tosh! :)

    ReplyDelete