Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Hello 2013

I hope everyone had a good New Year! 2012 was a pretty big year for me. Before 2012, I hadn't really had any substantial freelance work, but since last January I've had freelance work constantly, thanks in large part to the TV characters illustration I did for a class. I got a DD on deviantart for it, which is something my 12-year old self would never have believed. I illustrated my first children's book, and had a variety of other projects for lots of different clients. I've opened a print shop on Society6 which has been far more successful than I ever imagined it would be. And I graduated from college, which is kind of huge! My art has been improving exponentially over the past few years, and I'm so excited to see where I'll be a year from now. I owe so much to all of the people who follow my art here on my blog, and on tumblr, deviantart, and Facebook... thanks everyone for your support, it means everything!

Anyway, I've been pretty busy over the past week or so, with Christmas and such. I also went down to NYC to play with my college marching band at the Pinstripe Bowl in Yankee Stadium, which was amazing, especially considering I don't actually attend SU anymore (alumni perks, woo)!

I drew this right after watching the Doctor Who Christmas episode, but didn't have a chance to color it until today. I haven't drawn much in the past week (being on the road/in the city and all), which feels horrible... back to work!


-Anna

No comments:

Post a Comment