Here are some horses I made in Illustrator for Roger's class. I'm really happy with them!! Not long ago, I had no idea how to use Illustrator (if you need proof, click here), and now I've actually made something pretty cool using it! Yay!
Here's my final line for the Artemis illustration:
I'm not liking the composition as much now that I've blown it up. 16x9 might just be a little too wide for this particular image, but that's what I have to do for the assignment, so I shall. I moved/resized the deer, hoping to make it a little more balanced. And here are 3 color comps:
I think I'm leaning towards the second one, with fallish colors.
Here's more of my work for Carolina Crown! First, some drumline guys. Rach on.
Next are two different ideas for t-shirt designs. I made them in Illustrator, which is great because I've been trying to learn the program and this project is really helping me do it!
With the one above I was going for a kind of iPodish feel. And the one below is more colorful, for a different audience. I could probably push this one and make it even more colorful and decorative if they like this direction. If they don't, then that's cool too.
Here are 4 of the figures I'm doing for Carolina Crown.
And I've started knitting again! Oh jeez! I go through phases where I knit a lot and others where I don't knit at all. I made a fingerless glove in one night. I haven't started to make the second one, and I hope I get around to it, otherwise this guy will be an orphan. But I've been wearing him on my hand when I draw to keep it all cozy and warm, so maybe it's okay he's alone.
Here's my mostly finished haiku project. I need to fix the sky somehow... make it brighter I think. Also, my mom pointed out that the first line of the haiku only has 4 syllables... but I don't think I'm allowed to fix it, because I didn't write it... but yeah... fail.
And here's a sneak peek of the section illustrations Carolina Crown asked me to do. Tuba!!!
The past few days I've been in a scriptwriting workshop with Rob Edwards, who wrote Treasure Planet and The Princess and the Frog. It was a really cool experience. I was already pretty familiar with the 3 Act story arc formula, but he went into it in great detail. The whole workshop was really one-on-one too, with only a handful of people there, so we got to ask lots of questions and get lots of specific feedback. I will definitely use what I learned to tighten up my own stories. Plus, it was cool to hear him talk about working with the guys from Disney and Pixar. And his imitation of Randy Newman... pretty funny.
For Concepts, we have to do 5 character designs for a Greek God/Goddess. I picked Artemis! She's the "Lady of Wild Things, Hunsman-in-chief to the Gods", and if you've been reading this blog for any amount of time you know I like strong female characters. She also had a lot to do with the moon, and really liked deer and cyprus trees. And, she's SUPER fun to design!! Here are the character designs I did for her:
Loved this assignment! Next we're going to put her in a background, which should be fun. She's so gonna be riding a deer :)
And here's the finished poster for Carolina Crown! It's their Facebook photo!! Super exciting! (I didn't do the text, they did. Just felt like I should make that clear, hahaha)
So I got some feedback from critique about the fire/smoke, which I was having trouble with, so I've changed it up a little. Here's the final illustration, though knowing me, it'll change again... heh.
And here's my lineart for the downtown Syracuse poster project. We have to illustrate a haiku someone wrote about Syracuse. I picked is something about snow... which is fitting, because Syracuse... and snow.... yeah...
Also, last week I got an email from Carolina Crown! They stumbled across an illustration that was posted on my blog a while back of three drum corps guys, and they asked me to do a whole series of those illustrations for them! Super exciting! They also asked if I would design an audition poster for them, and I was too stupid to say no. I was asked to base it on a specific Michael Buble poster, so that's what I did. Here's what I sent, and they were happy with it! Whee!
Here's my finished promotional card! I'm pretty happy with it, but it's not quite there yet. Knowing me, I'll be playing around with it for a few more days. I just have to step away from it for a while. So yeah... here it is:
And here are two card variations of it:
Also, here are a few sketches we did in Jerome's class. Our next in-class piece is a car accident scene. We had four models posing, and were just doing some quick studies. Here are the ones I did:
And here's the cover for the comic project. It's kinda obvious I didn't spend a ton of time on it, but my main priority this weekend was the dragon piece up above, and I felt that the cover of the comic was much less important than the inside.