Friday, April 22, 2011

The Princess Problem

So for Concepts we had to pick an article and illustrate it. I had a really hard time finding an article I liked (partly because I'm not really good at the whole article illustrating thing, and partly because everything in the news is SO FREAKING DEPRESSING). I managed to find an article in the Guardian (UK newspaper) about the royal wedding, and how all little girls want to be princesses. I'm not sure how well this illustration carries out that whole idea, but I think it works with the article.
I'm a little meh about the Union Jack collage in the shadow/silhouette of Kate Middleton, I might play around with it a little more, but this is what I've got for now.

UPDATE: Just had a critique. Our instructor for this assigment is the Art Director for the Business section of the NYTimes, and he said that it illustrated the point perfectly and if he had gotten it for a NYTimes article he would have run it... sweet!


.

No comments:

Post a Comment